Friday, October 22, 2010

You're Hot and You're Cold...

It's that time of year when it starts to get really cold at night...frost is practically expected now.  But it also is still fairly warm during the day.  Highs in the 60's are the norm.  It's because of this that I can't decided whether or not to turn on the heat!

I'd like to put off having a giant gas bill for as long as possible but I'm running out of blankets to put on the bed at night.  I've even resorted to sleeping with my slippers on!

Here's the deal I made with myself...when the high temperature is in the 50's...even if it's 59...I can turn the heat on.  I can't wait for 59! 

This morning when I woke up it was 56 in the house...brrrr!  But then again, that's what I grew up with.  We heated the house with a wood stove, so winter mornings were more than chilly after the fire had been out for a couple hours and the temp outside is at or below zero! 

The fam has since upgraded to heating with propane, but my mother still keeps the house at a steamy 64.  (That's the warm setting, not the cool!)

No comments:

Post a Comment