Sunday, October 17, 2010

Busy Saturday.

My day began much earlier than usual Saturday with a visit to the farmer's market.  Yes, I had to pick up some veggies that included some butternut squash, sweet potatoes and fresh local honey.  But I was also there for the Farmer's Market Pumpkin Pie Bake-Off!


There were five pies in this year's competition and all were delicious.  My favorite was an Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie with a crumble on top.  The winner, was a heart shaped pie that featured a crust cutout of the breast cancer awareness ribbon.  This was a fitting winner considering the Bake-Off was a fundraiser for the "I'm Special Group," a breast cancer survivor support group here in Lima.

After my five slices of pie, I went home and took a nap!  Not only was I still tired from my trip home to Mpls, I'm not used to getting up early since I work evenings...the pie was worth it though.  I bid and took home one of them!

Then it's of course off to work for the afternoon.  But as a special treat, I was invited to appear on the WIMA 1150AM Tailgate Show for the Buckeyes vs. Badgers tonight.

Here's a pic of me and roomie Elise, last time we made the trip back to homecoming in 2009...I need to get back soon!


I am so excited for the game.  I think it's a pretty unpredictable one.  Hopefully it's close and the Badgers come out a winner!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment