Friday, April 2, 2010

My Frist Celeb Interveiw.

Hi all,

So I was very excited when I got to work yesterday for two reasons. One, I found out I wa getting my second shot for a live story on air. Second, that live piece would eb an interview with the frist woman of color to go to space, Dr. Mae Jemison. A celeb right? For sure!

She has a million degrees in everything from Afro-American Studies to Chemical Engineering, so I was a bit intimidated to say the least! But she was very nice and spoke on a level anyone could understand, which was a welcome surprise.

She was in Lima to speak at a Community Enrichment Dinner and talked about the need for everyone to be encouraged to use their creativity to pursue science literacy. That we need to use and develop all the talent we have in order to continue moving forward as a society. Pretty interesting woman, an honor to meet and interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment