Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Teacher for a Day.

I remember when Dave Dahl came to Hanover Elementary and talked to us about weather.  Tuesday, I was that visitning meteorologist...funny.  I went to Lima North Middle School to talk to three seventh grade science classes about forecasting and extreme weather and being a meteorologist. 

We lucke dout and it was raining when I was there so we talked a lot about the radar and such.  But I have to say...13 years olds are a tough crowd.  They could care less at 9 in the morning who is talking to them, they are bored!  They did a good job at asking questions for the most part. 

How much money do you make?
Are you ever wrong?
Haha.
How do you know how to forecast?
What's the biggest thing a tornado can pick up?
How do they name hurricanes?

Nice.  Here's some pics of Laura, the teacher...!



No comments:

Post a Comment