Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect.

I've been filling in for Darren for a while now and I have noticed what a difference it makes in my work when I get to forecast and deliver that weather content on a daily basis.  Normally, my meteorologist days come only on the weekends.  During the week I magically turn into a reporter.

Having 5 days in between those weather days without the practice of just talking about what's going on and really focusing on the forecasting is such a long break.  Saturday always feels a little rough.  And then just when I'm back in the swing on things Sunday nights, it's time to put on the reporter shoes again.

I've really appreciated this extended opportunity to be Darren for a while.  Tomorrow, everything goes back to normal.  I am ready for a little "weekend" relaxation involving some Entourage DVD's.

No comments:

Post a Comment