Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Jim Cantore Moment.

So you know those weather people that stand out in hurricanes just so you can see what's going on?  I had my moment October 26th, when some late season severe weather pushed through Lima bringing 70mph wind gusts and even a few tornado touchdowns across the area.

It probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, after all... we do repeatedly tell all the viewers to stay indoors.  Still, it looks pretty cool!

It was cut a little short when my News Director ran outside waiving his arms, telling me to high tail it back inside.  To say the least...we got a little wet.

For the event Kyle, Darren and I were on the air for live coverage somewhere in the time frame of 1.5 to 2 hours.  Whew!  We had a bit of a system that worked out well...  Darren, as the Chief Meteorologist, was in front of the green screen with the main look at radar and warnings.  Kyle was in the forecast center helping Darren manipulate the radar imagery, add additional information, and relay safety information.  And I was mainly taking care of passing information where it needed to be, along keeping viewers up to date with damage reports that we were receiving.  Plus of course, my time outside.  :)

Check out this video of my Jim Cantore moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment