Sunday, November 21, 2010

And so it Begins.

Thanksgiving is my number one fav holiday... hands down.  All the cooking.  Trying new recipes and making old favorites.  It's net even the eating so much for me as it is att hte planning and preparation that I love.

One of the best days of the year is when the November edition of Bon Appetit magazine finds its way to my mailbox.  This year, I was a little underwhelmed with the recipes they featured, so I'm returning to last years turkey recipe... It was really good great.  This recipe features a turkey made on the grill.  I still roast it in the oven, but use the combination of coriander, fennel and black pepper for a perfectly seasoned Tom.

Since it's just me ands Kubes here in Lima without family, we're joining the WLIO family that has to work that day for a station meal.  I'm in charge on the turkey and gravy.  I don't have to work that day so I have the time to make sure Tom cooks up hot and steamy.

The 20 pounder is now thawing in the fridge... I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving. Good Luck cooking the bird. Hope you have a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete