Thursday, September 16, 2010

Late Night Muffin Making.

So I had a bunch of kiwi's that I bought from Sam's Club .  When half of them started to get with every intention of eating too ripe I needed to find a recipe to use them all up.  Here's what I came up with, courtesy of Stolen Moments...Strawberry-Kiwi Muffins!  The batter was so good, I could barely bring myself to bake them!

1 c. butter or margarine

1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
4 c. flour
4 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 c. milk
1 1/2 c. diced strawberries (about 1/2 a pound)
2 kiwis, peeled and diced

1. In a large bowl, cream the butter or margarine and sugar. Mix in the eggs and vanilla.

2. In a separate bowl, lightly mix the flour, baking powder and salt.  Alternately add the flour mixture and milk into the mixing bowl, stirring just until combined.  Do not overmix or your muffins will have tunnels through them!

3. Fold in strawberries and kiwi.


4. Scoop batter into greased muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
They also have a recipe for Bacon Cheddar Muffins that are on my list next...




1 comment:

  1. You sampled uncooked batter containing raw eggs???????

    ReplyDelete