Sunday, September 26, 2010

Proud to be a foodie.

Finding new hidden gem restaurants in the area is one of my absolute favorite things to do.  If you look at my monthly credit card statements, 90% of the charges are for food.  I'm a total foodie slash wino and proud of it!

Each weekend night, between shows, Csaba (a fellow foodie) and I seek out any and all non-chain restaurants we can to find some unique flavors scattered throughout Limaland.

Tonight we tried Keith's Landeck Tavern, famous for their fried chicken.  I can speak for both of us when I say we LOVED it.  The entire menu was dotted with surprises such as sweet potato fries, toasted ravioli, fabulous burger combinations, and of course, fried chicken.  I didn't dabble tonight for obvious reasons, but I did check out the beers on tap as well, which consisted of Shock Top among other fan favorites.

We shared the a bowl of sirloin chili, fried chicken, a diablo burger and sweet potato fries.  All recommended.  It's for this reason that it tops my favorite restaurants of the area. 

Here's what my top 5 look like (so far):
1. Keith's Landeck Tavern
2. LuLu's Diner
3. Bankok Bay
4. Hunan Gardens Chinese Restaurant
5. Las Palmas Restaurant

1 comment:

  1. Betsy Lee, Bluffton, OHAugust 13, 2011 at 9:21 PM

    Have you tried Thai Jasmine in Lima? (It's kind of dumpy on the outside, but the food will surprise you!) I recommend the spring rolls for starters and the sesame noodles with chicken or the red curry. Top it off with some thai ice tea. Yum!

    ReplyDelete