Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's Live TV...

Besides a delay courtesy of Tiger Woods, the 6pm broadast today started out like any other.  And why should I assume anything differently for my weather cast?  Well...

The Quickcast went smooth and as planned, no issues there.  But the full weather cast had some technical difficulties!  After looking at the radar I pushed the button on my clicker and nothing happened!  I changed a setting on it and pushed the button again, nothing!

This is what went through my mind next... "OMG, what do I do?  Should I just walk back to the desk and go to commercial to figure out what's wrong?  Should I just keep the radar up and give my forecast without any additional graphics? Laura... tell Josh to get you the other clicker."

So I just said... "My clicker isn't working, Josh, could you get me a new one?  In the mean time, let's take a deeper look at this radar."  Or something like that.

Whew... catastrophe avoided.  Now I have that experience under my belt.  I'm sure it won't be the last time!

1 comment:

  1. Crisis adverted!!!! :)

    Don't worry, Bell's always having problems with her clicker and mic!

    ReplyDelete